favicongohere

Please use the navigation menu at bottom the Page       

MenuGoHere

WELCOME       PARK & GARDENS        VETERANS MEMORIAL        HISTORY      PHOTO GALLERY        MASTER PLANS       CONTACT US      SITE MAP

                                                                                                                                                                  St Mary of the Angels     Reist Mill     Historic Maps & Photos     News Archives

 

Historic Aerial Photos from 1951

    The Aerial Photo at the below was taken in 1927. This photo shows the Sisters of Saint Francis property as it existed at that time.

    The picture above shows the area north of Glen Avenue which was the site of the Mill Pond.

    The picture above shows the area north of what was Elm Street in 1854 and later a mill raceway. The photo shows what looks like two ponds. The area to the left of the ponds is the future site of the St. Francis Nursing Home.

    The above picture shows in the upper left the Reist Mill complex buildings which were still standing in 1951. In the center of the picture is the Cemetery and Chapel which was the site of an orchard. To the lower right the large building was demolished.

    The picture above shows the St. Mary of the Angels Mother House in 1951. Note the single entrance road from Mill Street and a small orchard on the approximate site of the proposed Veterans Memorial.

    The above picture shows the Orchard that was planted below the slope. Most of the Orchard was planted on the east side of the service road in the center. Note the tree lined walkway from the bottom of the steps through the Orchard.

Back to Historic Map pagehismaps.html