favicongohere

Please use the navigation menu at bottom the Page       

MenuGoHere

WELCOME       PARK & GARDENS        VETERANS MEMORIAL        HISTORY      PHOTO GALLERY        MASTER PLANS       CONTACT US      SITE MAP

                                                                                                                                                                  St Mary of the Angels     Reist Mill     Historic Maps & Photos     News Archives

 

Historic Aerial Photos from 1978

    The Aerial Photo at the below was taken on October 21, 1978. This photo shows the Sisters of Saint Francis property as it existed at that time.

Back to Historic Map pagehismaps.html

    The picture above shows the St. Mary of the Angels Mother House in 1978. The Holy Family Home was built north of the Mother House in 1962 and second entrance from was added. The small orchard is gone.

    The above picture shows the Orchard that was planted below the slope. Note the decline of the Orchard was planted on the east side of the service road and a larger orchard on the west side. The tree lined walkway from the bottom of the steps through the Orchard no longer exists.

    The above picture shows in the upper left the Reist Mill complex buildings which were still standing in 1978. In the center of the picture is the Cemetery and Chapel which was the site of an orchard.

    The picture above shows the area north of Glen Avenue which was the site of the Mill Pond.

    The picture above shows the area north of what was Elm Street in 1854 and later a mill raceway. The St. Francis Nursing Home was built. The photo shows that the two ponds have been filled in.